Welcome to 30_hath, a drabble-challenge community for Harry Potter fanfiction! This community works in the same vein as 31_days, except that it's exclusive to the Harry Potter fandom.
1. You may only post a fic for a theme on that day. For example, if you want to post a fic based on the 22 August theme, weep not that the world changes, you may only post it on the 22st of August. Not the 21st, the 23rd, the 4th, or any other day in August. Or any other month, for that matter. If you write a fic early, you must wait to post it. If you don't finish your fic until too late, I'm terribly sorry, but you still can't post it.
2. All stories must go under an LJ-cut.
3. There are no sign-ups or registrations; you don't have to claim a character, theme, pairing, or anything else. You are by no means obligated to write for every theme; you can write for one, several, or all of them, as you wish and as you are inspired. You can also write more than one story for a theme, if you're so inclined, so long as all stories posted for a theme are posted on the appropriate day.
4. Any genres and ratings are allowed, so long as they are appropriately labelled.
5. Fanart is also welcome, should you be so inclined.
6. The House thing is just for fun, much as they do over on hp100. Just put whatever House you identify yourself with. At the end of the month, I'll tally up which House has shown the most participation.
7. You don't have to include the precise wording of the theme in your drabble -- it's just a jumping-off point, an inspiration.
8. You are more than welcome to post a "fake cut" and link back to your own journal.
9. Please tag your entries!
1 – beyond good and evil
2 – the damning wrath of a woman scorned
3 – intellectual passion dries out sensuality
4 – you learn to pay attention
5 – Vanity is a motive of immense potency
6 – the pain in her voice nearly unmanned him
7 – delusions of grandeur
8 – just Chaos, with better lighting
9 – a woman's heart is such a complex problem
10 – with full humility, remembering my mistake
11 – Dreams that do come true can be as unsettling as those that don’t
12 – He didn't want her to fall in love with him
13 – boldness has genius, magic, and power in it
14 – visions come not to polluted eyes
15 – In order to preserve your self-respect, it is sometimes necessary to lie and cheat
16 – I have one important piece of advice: don’t die.
17 – It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend
18 – winners take chances
19 – how wayward the fates are
20 – something to be admired from a distance
21 – man yet mistakes his way
22 – that's too mysterious for me
23 – Fratricide was legal in England, wasn't it?
24 – If I may trust the flattering truth of sleep
25 – She stood at the window for several minutes more, content to let the breeze caress her skin
26 – friendship improves happiness, and abates misery
27 – bringing up the rear, the place of greatest danger
28 – to be loved blindly, passionately, wholly
29 – keep true to the dreams of thy youth
30 – the dearest luck of all, though the hardest earned
1) Please follow this format for your subject line: Title (author) (date) Why do I have this odd little format set up? It makes it easier for me to log everything in our community archives.
2) Please include this header in your entry:
3) Make sure that all your fics, regardless of length, are under an lj-cut.